You can add an IRA account by doing the following:
If you already have a Retirement milestone:
- Log into your Axos Invest Managed Portfolios account
- Select your existing Retirement milestone
- Choose "Edit" from the top menu
- Click on “IRAs”
- Click on “Create IRA”
- Choose the account type you want to open
- From there you will go through the steps of opening the IRA account
If you do not have a Retirement milestone yet:
- Click on "Create Milestone"
- Select the Retirement milestone
- Click "Get Started"
- Answer the series of questions about this new milestone
- Choose the appropriate IRA account type when asked (Traditional, Roth or SEP)
- Confirm Activation of the Tax Protection Package (link to Do I need Tax Protection Package for an IRA?)
- Set Annual Deposit Limit
- Enter the amount of the first deposit
- Enter the auto-deposit amount
- Set the Funding Strategy
- Confirm the Milestone
- This will create your milestone and initiate your first deposit.
Important: On the Investment Account question, be sure you select the appropriate account type: Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, or taxable Personal Investment Account.